New blog redesign. Come help me kick the tires!
comments (6) Views: 6,008
After 3 years of using the same skin, and functionality I've decided that it's time to whip up something new. So welcome to the newly designed, and rethought, andyMatthews.net. If you're in the web development indudstry you know that things change at such a rapid pace that it's difficult to keep up. Well, the same holds true for UI. The old blog was a little tough to read, and was very cluttered. This new design is much cleaner...focusing on the content, which is why you're here after all right?
Some of the new functionality that I'm proud of?
- New search box in the top right. Currently it only searches categories, but it's a good start.
- Condensed sidebar. I decided to group all similar content together. Rather than having a super long list of projects, presentations, and downloads I've grouped them into a popover which allows quick access to those items from anywhere on the site.
- Decided to start using Github gists for my inline code samples. They're not perfect, but they're better than what I had and they also include color-coding.
What's else can you expect?
- First and foremost I'd like to make this site responsive. That means that anyone viewing it, on any device, should be able to see and use the content.
- The site is simple enough but I'd like to jazz it up with some backend functionality courtesy of Backbone or Ember.
Who's to thank?
- Well, you can thank me as I did most of the legwork.
- Site framework courtesy of HTML 5 Boilerplate.
- Web fonts courtesy of Google Web Fonts.
- Popovers in the left sidebar courtesy of a highly edited version of Twitter Bootstrap
Lend me a hand?
While I'm pretty confident I killed most bugs in the new design I'm sure I didn't get all of them. If you notice anything out of the ordinary would you mind letting me know? Add in your OS, browser, and version if you don't mind, along with a URL of the page you were viewing.
If this article was interesting, or helpful, or even wrong, please consider leaving a comment, or buying something from my wishlist. It's appreciated!coach outlet online jordan 13 grey toe beats by dre cyber monday michael kors black friday beats by dre cyber monday jordan 6 black infrared north face cyber monday michael kors cyber monday north face black friday coach outlet black infrared 23 13s north face cyber monday jordan 6 black infrared north face black friday coach cyber monday jordan 11 legend blue north face cyber monday black infrared 6s lebron 12 north face black friday jordan 11 legend blue louis vuitton outlet jordan 13 grey toe grey toe 13s beats by dre black friday coach black friday jordan 13 grey toe coach cyber monday uggs black friday jordan 13 black infrared 23 uggs cyber monday barons 13s uggs black friday beats by dre cyber monday black infrared 6s jordan 13 bred jordan 13 black infrared 23 north face black friday black infrared 6s jordan 11 legend blue michael kors black friday jordan 13 grey toe coach black friday michael kors black friday michael kors cyber monday beats by dre cyber Monday north face cyber monday coach black friday michael kors cyber monday beats by dre cyber Monday north face black friday beats by dre black friday lululemon black friday uggs black friday jordan 13 bred coach cyber monday beats by dre black friday uggs black friday coach black friday black infrared 6s