Easily embedding a custom created Google Map onto a web page
Filed under: web development
comments (0) Views: 5,238
My wife and I have just listed our house for sale in East Nashville, 2018 Hackberry Lane, 37206 if you're interested. While I was working on the website I decided to create a Google Map containing various points of interest. Creating the map was easy, but I wanted to embed the final creation on the website. I didn't have time to dig into using the Google Maps API so I wanted something simple. Turns out that it's REALLY easy to do using the following steps.
- Create a new, or custom, map using the available tools, including a simple search.
- Click the button labeled "Link" in the top right corner of the page to display a box containing links to your map.
- At the bottom of that box is another link labeled "Customize and preview embedded map"
- Click that link to launch a popup window containing simple controls for size, along with a live preview.
- Select the size appropriate for your website and copy the HTML code found in the box at the bottom of that page
- Presto, you're done!
If this article was interesting, or helpful, or even wrong, please consider leaving a comment, or buying something from my wishlist. It's appreciated!