Shrinkadoo, jQuery/ColdFusion powered URL shortening AIR app
comments (0) Views: 9,119
I can finally announce what I've been working on for the last few weeks. You might already know of the shrinkURL CFC I wrote, and released on RIAForge. But I'm ready to announce the next phase of that process, Shrinkadoo, jQuery / ColdFusion powered URL shortening AIR application.
Shrinkadoo allows users to access multiple URL shortening services, all from within one easy to use interface. There are currently 16 services supported, and more are being added all the time. Some of the features of Shrinkadoo are
- Remembers the last URL used
- Minimizes to system tray / dock
- Feedback form built right into the app
- History - view URLs you've shrunk before
- Preferences - change colors, decide whether to save login info, and more
- Keyboard shortcuts - instantly transfer a URL from your clipboard into Shrinkadoo
As always, the obligatory "this is beta software" disclaimer applies. Check it out, and let me know if there's features that YOU think would be valuable.
If this article was interesting, or helpful, or even wrong, please consider leaving a comment, or buying something from my wishlist. It's appreciated!